I was recently asked to do create and document a containerless configuration of a Solaris 10 web server with Apache 2.2.4, MySQL 5.0.33, PHP 5.2.1, and Perl 5.8.7. Apache, MySQL, and PHP have complete compilation instructions. I will include the necessary configuration files (Apache in particular; built from scratch) or modification instructions.
- This instructions assume that Solaris 10 is already installed and configured.
- These instructions assume you're root.
- Apache includes a self-signed SSL certificate, user directories, mod_perl, authnz-ldap, server-status and daily log rotation.
- I was requested to consolidate everything web related into /web for ease of administration and backup.
- This is not a fully optimized build, as there is no universal configuration that will work equally well for everyone. Therefore, read the manual and tweak where necessary (especially Apache).
- Additional Applications
- AWStats 6.6 with automatic log analysis
- phpMyAdmin 2.9.2 for MySQL administration
These instructions are culled and edited from my notes. Please let me know if I got something out of order or left something out.
LDAP .htaccess files (you'll have to tweak the LDAP URL for your environment)
AuthName "Password" AuthType Basic AuthBasicProvider ldap AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap:389/ou=people?uid AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off require ldap-user "username"